Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 9 March 2012

March 9


”A rattlesnake, if cornered, will sometimes become so angry it will bite itself. That is exactly what the harboring of hate and resentment against others is, a biting of oneself. We think we are harming others in holding these spites and hates, but the deeper harm is to ourselves.”
Eli E. Stanley
In our journey of recovery we need to learn how to set new boundaries, out of respect for ourselves and for others. We need to learn what lines we cannot afford to cross as they lead to middle and inner circle behaviours, or are simply inappropriate and unhealthy.
It’s an important task to determine the actions and activities that fall within our three circles. This is part of establishing new boundaries within ourselves in terms of our addiction. It’s critical to remember that how we react to certain individuals, situations or emotions can be harmful and inadvertently feed our addiction.
Learning to trust our new boundaries without testing them can be challenging. Some members go so far as a written contract with their sponsor to delineate their new acceptable behaviours. 
Affirmation
I can work on establishing healthy boundaries and relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment