Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 2 March 2012

March 2


”Our words must be judged by our deeds; and in striving for a lofty ideal we must use practical methods; and if we cannot attain all at one leap, we must advance towards it step by step, reasonably content so long as we do actually make progress in the right direction.”
Theodore Roosevelt
Practice, practice, practice! How often have we heard that mantra, or even repeated it to someone who is learning something new. It’s a concept that was drilled into us as kids, but as adults we know the value of repetition in enhancing a particular skill or ability.
The same applies in our steps to recovery. The more we practice with the tools, the more meetings we attend, the more we share our experience, strength and hope, the more we gain comfort in the new abilities and confidence that we acquire as a result.
The other side of practice is making mistakes. Few of us can pick up a new hobby or sport and be exceptional right away. Part of the learning experience is making errors, trying something until we find the best way, and learning from those things that don’t work quite so well. The same goes in learning to be a recovering sex addict. We’ll make mistakes along the way, but we can make progress. 
Affirmation
Today I will put emphasis on practicing my tools of recovery, and learning from my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment