Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 14 March 2012

March 14


”Secrecy, once accepted, becomes an addiction”
Edward Teller
Someone once shared that keeping secrets is the principal way to stay in the addictive cycle. I’ve also heard other members share that their secret life was a large part of what they were addicted to; the ability to have a secondary life to escape from the pressure and stress of one’s normal life. In any event, most of us can agree that keeping secrets is not helpful or healthy in moving us towards recovery.
It can be challenging to let go of our habit of keeping secrets. It has been such a large part of our identity and addiction; being able to have a self-created world where we seem to be the master. In recovery and in looking deeper within ourselves, we begin to see that our secret life is merely a delusion and its sole purpose is to feed our addictive behaviour.
Honesty, primarily with yourself, is a key to changing our way of thinking and to make progress in the program. Without this change of attitude and behaviour, we are likely to struggle in removing ourselves from our secret life. 
Affirmation
Just for today I will keep no secrets, live in the here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment