Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 30 March 2012

March 30


”Even in you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.”
Victor Kiam
Humility is the virtue of knowing that we can and will make mistakes. It’s admitting we are not perfect. Being humble does not mean we are not worthy of love, respect or caring. It simply means that we have much to learn.
The thing about learning is that we do not know all the answers. It means we can say or do the wrong thing. The importance is that we keep learning from what we have done wrong, make adjustments, and move forward. When we fall, we need to stand up, brush ourselves off and keep going. It’s important to remember that even if falling, we’ve moved on from where we were just standing.
We need to remain open and teachable. Some of that means being willing to set aside our preconceptions and accepting new ideas and ways of thinking. We can admit that we need to listen and profit from the experience and knowledge of others if we want to change and grow. 
Affirmation
I am open to learning, prepared to make mistakes and willing to make discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment