Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 12 March 2012

March 12


”He is a man of sense who does not grieve for what he has not, but rejoices in what he has.”
Epictetus
I have started a new habit of taking a few moments at the end of each day to thank my Higher Power for the things that have happened to me during the day. I find these moments of gratitude give me a good opportunity to reflect on the events of the day. It also gives me a chance to appreciate what has happened and the situations that have helped me to grow. It gives me that sober second look to also see if there are issues I can look at improving tomorrow.
Taking stock of my life each and every day helps me to see what things I might be holding on to, those that are still bothering me and that I need to be careful to not turn them into regrets or resentments. On the positive it is also a chance to congratulate myself for the small steps of recovery I have made. I can rejoice in all the times I picked up a tool of recovery, asked for help or simply reached out to talk with someone from my support group.
Being present in today is always my goal. I find these moments of reflection important to close off today and allow me to start the next day with a clean slate.
Affirmation
I will reflect on my days’ trials and triumphs and give thanks for everything that I am grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment