Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 29 March 2012

March 29


”Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.”
Denis Waitley
There may come a powerful moment in your recovery where you can look at your past with a new set of eyes. In reflection you may discover the ability to filter out the double life of your addict and focus in on the real person that was struggling through life. Getting to this point in recovery can help you see the true underlying issues that the addiction has kept under wraps for all these years.
There comes a time for many addicts where they need to grieve the loss of their addiction to fully relinquish control. This may happen as a letter, full of feelings towards letting go in order to free oneself to move forward. We can gain great power in our lives by going through a formal farewell and letting ourselves be part of the natural process of losing a part of who we are. 
Affirmation
I can accept that some moments in recovery will be powerful and life changing.  I am ready move on and continue to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment