Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 3 March 2012

March 3


”Men are not prisoners of fate, but prisoners of their own minds.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
As addicts we aware of just how trapped we have been within our own minds. Living our double life we have been pushed and pulled between our two selves, struggling to maintain control of the wheel.
Working the program of recovery is a journey to free our minds. The goal, the purpose of the Twelve Steps, is to gradually clear the way to a renewed connection with our Higher Power. It is in this way that we can live in peace, with the faith and trust that our Higher Power can guide us where our own willpower has failed time and time again.
In opening up to the power greater than ourselves and turning over our lives, we are finally able to live a serene existence. We will discover a path back to our true selves and be able once again to be comfortable in our own skin. We will no longer live in the shadow of our addiction, but thrive in the light spread by our power greater than ourselves that emanates from within us. 
Affirmation
I will turn this day over to my Higher Power and let Him show me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment