Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 4 March 2012

March 4


”His heart was as great as the world, but there was no room in it to hold the memory of a wrong.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Forgiveness is a large part of healing our wrongs of the past. In working the steps, and in particular Steps 8 and 9, we begin to see the damage our actions have caused. It is not only the damage to others that we seek to recover from in making our amends, but the affect it has had on ourselves by holding onto our negative emotions of resentment, anger and fear for all those years.
It is a powerful experience to make amends and release ourselves from our self-made prison. Letting go of the past and honestly making an effort to make up for our wrongs in whatever we can gives us the ability to move forward in our recovery and our lives.
The best amend that we can make to most of those close to us is to continue working our program. In becoming a better, more genuine, caring and loving human being, we will restore trust and faith in those close to us. Our actions will show just how much we have changed and how we do not want to go back to the person we used to be. 
Affirmation
I will forgive someone today, and let go of a part of the past that has been weighing me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment