Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 17 March 2012

March 17


”To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.”
Donald A. Adams
To me there has always been a discernible difference between someone who is offering quality service and someone who is simply selling something. The former has a genuine desire to see the customer satisfied with what they leave with, whereas the latter only cares about themselves and normally their paycheck.
SAA, like all other 12 Step programs, certainly falls into my conception of service. Our fellowship is concerned with the people involved; the focus of our meetings is helping the addict who still suffers. In fact, our service model is well-defined in the 12 Traditions. Yet this model is not only useful for the organization of our groups and our fellowship. As one member pointed out to me, many of them can be applied in managing our own lives.
Those of us who take on roles in our groups, or even beyond, give back in gratitude for some of what we have gained in the program. My own service has come from a desire to keep the group going so that many others like myself have the opportunity to benefit from the principles and practice of my new family.
Affirmation
I will give service today; it is important for me to share sincerity and integrity with the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment