Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 10 March 2012

March 10


”We cannot be right with God when we are wrong with others.”
Lehman Strauss
Step Five is all about forgiveness. One of the more difficult challenges we may face in this step is admitting the exact nature of our wrongs. We fear going into the past, reliving our mistakes and wondering if doing such activity will pull us back into our addictive patterns.
The reality is that we need to express our faults, release our resentments and fears in order to be free of them. Only by doing so can we gain the freedom to will allow us to move forward in our recovery. Holding onto our negative past, especially those parts related directly to our addiction, keeps us trapped and more prone to relapse.
In forgiving ourselves it can be helpful to remember that our Higher Power has already done likewise, even without us asking. We’ve been supported, and carried when required, through the worst times by the God of our understanding.
The act of forgiving ourselves is powerful, liberating so much of our energy that has kept our faults under lock and key. The pain of the process comes with great satisfaction and hope of a brighter tomorrow.
Affirmation
I will find the courage to forgive myself and open myself to my Higher Power in the process

No comments:

Post a Comment