Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 8 March 2012

March 8


”Never forget the powerful resources you always have available to you – love, prayer and forgiveness.”
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
How many times have we said to ourselves, “As soon as this thing happens I will stop acting out” or “If only so and so could leave me alone” or any number of other reasons that are external to us? In recovery we learn that our change has come from within. Those situations and people external to us are something we can neither control nor change. Our recovery happens as we discover the love, forgiveness and happiness within ourselves.
In turning to prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the God of our understanding, we open ourselves to doing His will and letting go. When we relinquish control, especially over those situations and people whom we cannot control, we gain the freedom to be ourselves and to move in a more positive direction.
Affirmation
Today I thank God as I understand Him for the gifts of love, prayer, forgiveness and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment