Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 26 March 2012

March 26


”You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.”
Conrad Hall
I was told once that in order to change, I must be in a position of discomfort. And not simply physical discomfort, but a deeper sense of difficulty that comes from my emotional centre. It’s when we are in this place that we are open to change.
Humans by their nature are creatures of habit, good or bad as that habit may be in helping them live their life. Change is all around us, yet it makes most of us uncomfortable. It challenges what we know, who we are and how we feel.
Our recovery process is all about change. It’s some of the most challenging and frightening change we’re likely ever to face as we are dealing with the core of our being, our emotional and spiritual centres. We need to write, talk, share, pray and forgive to let go of the shame and guilt we’re carrying. The process may be that simple but it is not easy, emotionally or spiritually, mainly because these are the parts of ourselves that we have ignored. But every crack we make in the walls around our feelings that we’ve carried with us all these years.
Affirmation
I am open and teachable; ready to face my feelings and work to release them to allow me to move forward in my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment