Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

March 28


”I find that it is not the circumstances in which we are placed, but the spirit in which we face them, that constitutes our comfort.”
Elizabeth T. King
Temptation is something I still struggle with on a daily basis. I am constantly faced with situations that can feed my addiction or that will test my resolve. Most of the time I can recognize the pull and let it go, or say the Serenity Prayer or just remember to breathe and let the moment pass. But other times I dip in my toes to test the water, and even occasionally have to pull back after realizing that I have waded in waist deep.
My spiritual health plays a big role in how easily I can resist the urge of my addictive triggers. When I am consistent in my prayer and meditation, when I turn my will over to my Higher Power on a daily basis and practice my affirmations, my ability to more easily turn away from temptation is strengthened. My serenity aids me in seeing those desires for the empty promises that they truly are and to consider the consequences of me being lured along that seductive avenue.
The disease is truly powerful, cunning and baffling and seems to rear its ugly head when I least expect it. My recovery forces me to be ever-vigilant and to maintain my a healthy spiritual self. 
Affirmation
Today I choose to be in recovery and empower myself by working on my spiritual health.

No comments:

Post a Comment