Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 19 March 2012

March 19


Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
Henry David Thoreau
Life is full of choices, and we can struggle as easily with the simple ones as we can with the hard ones. Early in  our recovery when we question the motivation behind everything we do we may feel overwhelmed and pushed to do nothing lest it lead us in the direction of our addictive behaviour. It can be challenging to do the little things like deciding what to wear or what to eat.
We need to make these tiny leaps of faith in ourselves and our instinct to keep moving forward. Staying still is not an option if we want to recover.
Facing these smaller challenges gradually rekindles our confidence in our ability to take action. Making healthy and conscious decisions helps build momentum as we work towards establishing a more normal routine of living. All the small success will help us find the courage to act when presented with more difficult choices. We will continue to advance into action and active living. 
Affirmation
I will make the small choices today and rebuild my confidence in myself, one decision at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment