Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 13 April 2012

April 13


”Write the bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble.”
Arabic Parable
Many of us will be the first to admit that we are our own worst critic. We have become experts in determining our own defects of character, lapses of judgement and mistakes. Yet we struggle to recognize, let alone express gratitude, for all the good in our life, our talents and achievements.
There are many tools for us to use to improve our positive thinking: daily meditation and prayer, using affirmations spoken in front of the mirror, reading daily reflections, developing a personal mantra. We need to teach ourselves that it is more than okay to like ourselves, to allow ourselves to receive self-love as for many it is something we have lacked since childhood.
In taking care of ourselves we continue in our recovery and develop those traits that we can give freely to those who need them. We will grow spiritually as our love and ability to forgive ourselves and others improves. 
Affirmation
I will look for the positive in what I say and do today. It is okay for me to accept a well-deserved pat on the back, even if it has to be me who gives it.

No comments:

Post a Comment