Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 14 April 2012

April 14


”If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.”
Bernard Baruch
There is something to be said for the usefulness of a treatment centre. Attending a program for chemical dependency or codependency can be a boon even for a sex addict. It’s comforting to be able to learn from such a place that an addict is an addict is an addict, no matter their drug of choice. It’s also where one can learn new tools for coping with life. As one of my children put it, its parent school, or maybe more generically adult school. Underlying problems of resentment, unresolved feelings and emotions, guilt and shame affect all addicts. These buried parts of ourselves are what draw us back into addictive thinking.
Learning to love ourselves, trusting in our Higher Power, and to be open, honest and willing to change are all skills we need to learn to continue our journey of recovery. Without new tools in our tool belt to face the challenges of daily life, why wouldn’t we continue to do things we’ve always done? Therein lays the insanity of addiction. But there is help for us and we can ask our Higher Power for the courage to seek it out.
Affirmation
I will explore the place I can get help, even a treatment centre. I acknowledge I need some new tools to cope with the challenges of daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment