Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 3 April 2012

April 3


”I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.”
Galileo Galilee
There are days when it is hard being in recovery, when I wish I was not there because before some things were easier to cope with. These are usually the times I don’t want to let in my feelings, when I am searching for the off-switch to my emotional parts. I remember how I survived so many tragedies in that zombie-like trance where nothing fazed me, where no feelings came in or were let out of my being.
The trouble is that there were too many negative side effects from living like that. I no longer want to live in that cold, dark isolation. As much as Galileo saw our strengths in our sense, reason and intellect, I believe more and more that it is our emotions that set us apart from other species.
It is not our logic that drives us with passion or that motivates us with fervour. Why else would we talk about the agony of defeat, the joy of victory, or any other state that can only be described by attaching emotion? It is our feelings that connect us, that make us human. 
Affirmation
I will rejoice in my emotions, positive and negative. They are a reminder of my humanity and my connection to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment