Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 4 April 2012

April 4


”Talking too much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.”
Friedrich Nietzsche
By my nature, I tend to be introverted. As such, being in groups and social situations drains my personal energy. For me, time alone with a book, going for a walk, or simply to sit with my thoughts is required to recharge and recuperate. For an extrovert, the opposite is true, they tend to need social gatherings to recharge and for them being on their own is very draining.
It’s important for us to be aware of how situations will affect our physical and mental health. I am all too aware that I am more vulnerable to my addictive patterns when I am stressed, tired, hungry or anxious. Planning time in my day and week so I can have the moments I need to recharge is important in maintaining my defenses against my addictive tendency.
I need to listen to my body’s needs, maintain a good diet, get proper sleep and exercise, and ensure my physical health is taken care of. Keeping a healthy balance of my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual condition will support my recovery. 
Affirmation
I will take care of myself today and ensure that I have time for activities to maintain my physical health.

No comments:

Post a Comment