Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 17 April 2012

April 17


”Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many – not upon your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”
Charles Dickens
One of the most interesting things I experienced in treatment was a gratitude meeting. It’s a simple idea where everyone in a meeting takes a turn stating one thing they are grateful for. Everyone takes a turn and it keeps going for a predetermined amount of time. It’s important to give thanks for the good things in our life.
The other reason such moments of gratitude are so important is that they are also a way of changing our thought patterns. Whereas our addiction feeds best on negative thinking, we need to increase our positive thinking to aid in our recovery. Giving thanks and counting our blessings is one great way to do just that.
Expressing our gratitude also strengthens our relationship with our Higher Power. It increases our hope and reasons to stay sober each day. As well it will strengthen our self-esteem and help us to love ourselves as we are. 
Affirmation
I will take time today to be grateful for the positive in my life. I can give thanks and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment