Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 7 April 2012

April 7


”We are part of the whole which we call the universe, but it is an optical delusion of our mind that we think we are separate. This separateness is like a prison for us. Our job is to widen our circle of compassion so we feel connected to all people and all situations.”
Albert Einstein
Most of us thought we were alone, that no one could comprehend how we felt, what it was like to lose control, how we despaired to find a way out of our addiction. We are usually amazed to discover others like us in our groups and meetings. How often do we see so much of our own lives and struggles in the sharing of others? And even stranger how often has someone else told us how much they have related to our own story?
It is encouraging to know we are not unique in our situation. It is important to feel we belong. The family atmosphere that is created in most groups; the care, encouragement and understanding that develops further supports us in our recovery. 
Affirmation
Today I will listen to other addicts or share my own experience, strength and hope and know I have found a place where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment