Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 29 April 2012

April 29


”If you spend too much time warming up, you’ll miss the race. If you don’t warm up at all, you may not finish the race.”
Grand Heindrich
I heard a story once about a person in recovery who was having a hard time with procrastination, especially in terms of picking up some tools of recovery. A counsellor suggested that this individual go to the local sports store, buy a “Just Do It” t-shirt and wear it every day for a week. The person was to simply look in the mirror, see the slogan, and find the stimulation to work a bit of their program.
I won’t deny that it is often hard for me to stick to my routine. I am learning through my work in Step Three that my blocks to working on improving my spiritual health are the same excuses that I use when I don’t want to exercise, eat healthy, get enough sleep, or any of the other things that maintain and improve my physical condition.
Imagining my spiritual centre or soul as a physical entity helps me to see that I need to put work into its upkeep and to strengthen it. Reading spiritual material, prayer. Meditation – all these are “exercises” to improve my spiritual “body” and are just as important as how I treat my physical body.
Affirmation
I will make time to focus on my spiritual health today and look at establishing healthy activities into my daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment