Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 6 April 2012

April 6


”The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.”
Albert Einstein
With a little sobriety under our belts, most of us can easily admit that we are thinking clearer than usual. We can see that we have insight and understanding into our own situation, our past behaviours and actions, if we are honest as we work through the steps. This can be scary, confusing and make us uneasy; we are not used to trusting our own judgement and reasoning after so much time living in active addiction.
If we can take the sober look into ourselves we can find the truer feelings that are at the core of our troubled selves. The hurt and resentments of our past, as far back as childhood, that have never truly been resolved as we were either never allowed to feel or taught how to do so.
Our ability to Let Go and Let God will free us from these dark secrets. We can begin to move out of focusing on our problems and into working towards our solution, which the 12 Steps are an integral part. 
Affirmation
Today I will rejoice in my sobriety and trust my feelings and instincts as I work my program of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment