Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 9 April 2012

April 9


”We hear voices in solitude that we never hear in the hurry and turmoil of life; we receive counsels and comforts that we get under no other condition.”
Amelia Barr
Meditation is part of Step 11 and in many ways it is our chance to take time to listen to our Higher Power. It is really important that we take moments every day to slow down, to sit with our own thoughts, allow ourselves to experience the emotions we are feeling and clear our minds.
Many of us fear being alone in our own heads with our thoughts and fantasies. What we may find frightens us and we don’t think we have the courage to face what we come across within the recesses of our mind. We know from past experience that we have prayed for things to stop, for our life to change yet if we never pause to listen and look for the signs and direction that are given to us, we will struggle to find the path to follow.
We all too often turn to distractions so that we do not need to face our thoughts and feelings. We can always find something else to do. The difficulty is to look within and accept what we discover and just let it be.
Affirmation
I need to take the time today to let the messages of my Higher Power into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment