Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 23 April 2012

April 23


”Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.”
George Sand
One of the biggest changes I have seen in myself in my recovery is my renewed connection with those around me. In the midst of my active acting out I did not realize just how isolated and self-absorbed I had become. Today I am more cognisant of others that I interact with. I am acutely aware that I am not the centre of my world, and that in order to be healthy I need to have connections to other human beings.
The way for me to get in touch with others is by giving of myself: by being kind and caring, empathetic and loving, respectful and compassionate. In doing selfless acts, small or large, I gain appreciation for being a member of society and the human race.
As important as it is for me to focus on myself in recovery, I cannot ignore that I have to interact with others in my life. Part of my new path involves mending relationships that I have neglected, maintaining appropriate boundaries, respecting my own feelings and those of others, and seeking new and healthy relationships that support my journey of recovery. 
Affirmation
Today I will practice small acts of kindness to renew my connection to the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment