Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 20 April 2012

April 20


”The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor the man perfected without trials.”
Chinese Proverb
It’s not easy facing some of the consequences of our addictive past. Whereas we used to hide from our problems and the realities of life by turning to our addiction, in recover we’re forced to meet things head-on. And I’ll be the first to admit that it’s not the most pleasant nor welcome prospect. However in recovery one of my mains goals is to deal with life on life’s terms. I need to accept the consequences of my actions, past and present.
I have done a lot of damage and hurt many people through the things I have done and said, and through what I have neglected to say or do as well. I need to face each situation and potential confrontation with the attitude and belief that I am living as a better person and able to accept my responsibility. I have not been perfect in the past, nor do I expect to be in the future, but I am prepared to do my best to make things work in the present.
It’s humbling to admit our faults, to own up to our mistakes and to be willing to correct our errors. Doing so with the knowledge of the support of our High Power builds us up.
Affirmation
Today I will face the challenges of life with my Higher Power by my side. My best is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment