Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 22 April 2012

April 22


”A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.”
George Moore
I’ve tried many ways to escape my past. One of my favorites was to move, to not stay tied to one place or to get away from the bad memories. The problem is that the things I tried to escape from were within me and always seemed to get packed up and moved right along with me. Sometimes change would hide them for a while, but that box would always come out into the open, just waiting for someone to look inside.
I have looked for many other ways that were external to me to make a change. A new partner, new friends, new job … all things that I figured could renew my happiness, my sense of purpose and help make me feel whole.
Whole … without a hole; what I needed to find was a way to complete what was missing within. I know now that hole has to be filled from within me, by my own actions, by my acceptance of my Higher Power, and by letting go of all my anger and resentment. I cannot escape who I am or what has happened in the past. Yet I can influence what happens in my present – I can come home again. 
Affirmation
I will be aware of ways I try to escape today; home truly is where my heart is and I will be alright to stay with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment