Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 30 April 2012

April 30


”Where the soul is full of peace and joy, outward surroundings and circumstances are of comparatively little account.”
Hannah Whitall Smith
An important realization that I have had while working Steps Two and Three is that in turning my life over to my Higher Power, I also need to be open to how that power greater than myself will work through others around me. This is really why both prayer and meditation are important. Asking for help and guidance is only half the solution, the other half is being open and listening for the answer.
When I live and breathe from a serene state, when I turn over those things I cannot control to my Higher Power, it is amazing how much easier it is to deal with day-to-day life. Having that inner peace is something that I strove to find in my addiction and acting out, yet all it brought me was chaos and turmoil. This new way of living is much more pleasant and rewarding, without as many negative side effects.
Life is still challenging. I still face difficult choices, conflict, controversy and change. Yet I am becoming better equipped to handle life as it happens, rather than avoiding, isolating or delaying what has transpired. I am far from perfect, but each step of progress is encouraging and gives credence to the idea that working my program will restore my sanity.
Affirmation
Today I will be open to the way that my Higher Power works through those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment