Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 1 July 2012

July 1


”The stronger the winds, the deeper the roots, and the longer the winds, the more beautiful the tree.”
Charles Swindell

I think the meaning behind this quote is that if we weather the storms of life, if we face our fears, then we are better for it when we come out the other side. Living through challenging situations builds character and strength, and if we survive by relying on our Higher Power, on others and our own talents and abilities we will build integrity and resolve.
We can choose to survive in other ways. My life in addiction was not a healthy way to survive the struggles of life, but to cower in fear, blame others, create more chaos and destruction. In essence coping through my acting out behaviours caused me to shrink, to ignore my talents and abilities or twist them to impure uses, to rely on no one but myself in isolation, to deny all that was beautiful and project only ugliness. This was not truly living by any stretch of the imagination, but only existing in the merest sense of the word.
The challenges of life today feel different than in the past, mainly due to my new faith in y Higher Power and my program. The winds of change continue to blow but I now recognize the opportunity to strengthen my roots, to lean on others for support and, above all else, to trust in God.
  
Affirmation
I will live today rather than merely exist or survive…my life is worth being enjoyed and shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment