Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 18 July 2012

July 18


”The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.”
HadaBejar
I see two sides to how I choose to act, but really both encompass the idea of karma. If I do things the right way, treat others like I would like to be treated, then eventually my good deeds will come back to me. I also feel the opposite is true, if I mistreat and use others, I expect that negativity to come back to me in some form or another as well. What remains is my choice; do I give a rose or a thistle?
There is more depth – true giving or sharing of myself is done because I want and I am able to share. Yet giving because I expect to get something in return is selfish and does not really match the definition of true sharing. The motivation behind my actions is as important as the act itself. This really goes back to living in harmony with my thoughts, words and deeds. When all is in sync I am being genuine and authentic and others will notice.
Moving forward in recovery without my secret double life is required to finding my true self and becoming a better person. All this work also helps clear the way for an improved relationship with my Higher Power. The program is restoring the fragrance in my hand as I share my recovery with others. 
Affirmation
I will be conscientious of my actions today and keep them in line with my thoughts and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment