Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 25 July 2012

July 25


”The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
Helen Keller
Since separating from my spouse, organizing and attending family functions has become much more challenging. Some traditions have been broken, at least temporarily, some events happen twice with only one parent in attendance each time, and sometimes both or only one of us are there. It is hard dealing with special events and seeing or worse hearing from one or more of my children that they wish we could be a normal family again. There is so much to repair, just from my own behaviour in my marriage and as a parent, let alone my spouse’s concerns, that mending relationships is going to be a lengthy process. I know that my own recovery needs to be my first priority or nothing else can be worked on.
Yet surprises can pop up from unexpected places. Just prior to a recent birthday my sister, to whom I am close but have grown apart from in recent years, sent me a painting that she had done herself. It was full of positive messages and encouragements, that, to my astonishment, she revealed she had taken from my own meditations. Wow! I am still amazed at how such small acts can have such profound impact. Even more, I am truly grateful to be sober enough to appreciate them.
Affirmation
I will be aware of the acts of others; even in times of difficulty there can be bright moments of love, happiness and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment