Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 3 July 2012

July 3


”At first dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable.”
Christopher Reeve

When I walked through the doors of my first SAA meeting and knew I had find a place where I belonged, you could not have convinced me of how much my life would change in that first year. Yet a short 12 months later I was working a program with 6-months of solid sobriety, faithfully attending meetings 2 days a week plus a step-study group. I had reconnected my feelings, given my first step, written numerous meditations, taken on a service position and had gained several friends in the fellowship.
All this progress was made in spite of the fact that things were still tense in my marriage which eventually led to a separation and shared custody, my spouse having residual effects from a side-relationship they had started, dealing with teenage kids, learning to live on my own, etc. I am still amazed that I have somehow survived all this emotional turmoil without resorting to acting out. I’ve still slipped into my middle circle occasionally, but my inner circle has been avoided. I can only thank my Higher Power and the support of my group for having put all those 24-hour periods together. It’s been far from an easy road, yet I am gaining the faith and confidence to move forward a Day at a Time.
  
Affirmation
I know change is possible, and sooner or later I will be able to look back and see how far I have come by working my program.

No comments:

Post a Comment