Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 5 July 2012

July 5


”The first thing, the last thing, start from where you are.”
Dale Pendell

I don’t like when I find myself in a situation where I am stuck with a particular incident running through my thoughts that it is the only thing I concentrate on and I lose sight of everything else. It is maddening to become so frustrated, hung up, obsessed by what someone has said or done, or something that I have done or said that I am no longer living in the present. Times like these make me feel like I am back in my active addiction, unable to manage my life and simply being out of control.
It is challenging to break the cycle, to find a way to simply stop and breathe, reach out to my Higher Power, call someone from my support group, or change my direction and come back to the here and now. I can lose minutes, hours or even days “what if’ing” the event to death.
When I finally exit this state of mind, not only do I get upset for the time I have lost, but I have also often neglected others as well as important events that are a part of my life. I truly need the assistance of my Higher Power to let go of the things beyond my control as I can all too easily fall into their clutches. I need to do a self-reboot, refocus myself in the present moment and take a reality check. Only then can I feel secure in taking the next step forward.
  
Affirmation
I will try and be aware of the thoughts and feelings that preoccupy me today. If they persist I need to find a way to let them go to stay present.

No comments:

Post a Comment