Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 11 July 2012

July 11


”A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.”
English Proverb
My day usually starts by praying to God to ask Him for the strength to pick up my cross and carry it. I wear a crucifix pendant around my neck, and have pretty much since I was a teenager, but have been more conscious that it is a reminder that my Higher Power is always with me. Yet I still acknowledge that there will be challenges and difficulties that meet me each day. Being in recovery and dealing with life on life’s terms still can be daunting. I am learning how I can apply my recovery tools in many real world situations, but it still takes time and energy. The most useful tool is probably still the Serenity Prayer in helping me look at those things that are actually within my control and those that I can do nothing about.
It is clear that adversity and the tests of life are the stimulation I need to keep making changes in my life. Working the steps provides opportunities to remove obstacles between me and the God of my understanding. At the same time I am gaining incredible self-awareness and the ability to feel like a whole person again. The hard work of facing life’s challenges pays off in the rewards of building my character. 
Affirmation
I will take on today’s challenges with the knowledge that my Higher Power is standing beside me, cheering for me to succeed, learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment