Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 21 July 2012

July 21


”People begin to become successful the minute they decide to be.”
Harvey Mackay
I am a firm believer that my attitude and approach to life is as important as what I certainly do. So far me I began to be successful in my recovery the moment I decided to be IN recovery. Today, and for some time, I allow myself no other option; being in recovery is where I need to be to maintain my serenity and sobriety. I choose each day to work my program; it has become the norm rather than the exception.
In my early recovery I was not quite so committed and, looking back, it is apparent that some days I chose recovery while others I decided to follow my addiction. It took me a few months to realize that I could not stay partially in recovery and continue holding onto pieces of my addiction, just in case. Making the decision to be fully committed to working my program has made the biggest improvement in my recovery.
It’s strange to look at my life and see how much it has changed. But the tools of my recovery – prayer, meditation, writing, reading, meetings, all these and more have become a natural part of my life. I owe my serenity, my capacity to cope with life in healthy ways, my reconnection to my feelings and my Higher Power; all this comes from making the 12 Steps a priority in my life.
Affirmation
I can chooseto be in recovery today and work my program. All that is asked is to face the next 24 hours trusting in my Higher Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment