Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 26 July 2012

July 26


”Certain defects are necessary for the existence of individuality.”
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
I am unique. I am flawed, imperfect. I am whole yet dependent upon others. I have strengths and natural talents. I can learn, change and adapt. I am not good or evil, moral or immoral, but I can choose to act in ways perceived to be those ways. I am a human being, capable of acts of incredible love, kindness and compassion, or of things much darker. On top of all these aspects given to me at birth, I am also a sex addict. I have a disease, an illness that in its compulsivity erodes my capacity to make good choices and be wary of the consequences. Yet I am a recovering addict, and I have found hope, strength and courage in the 12 Steps and in the humble beginnings of my reconnection to my Higher Power.
I am but a servant in my fellowship, there to share my story, my meager wisdom, and to be open to the messages of courage, love, patience, endurance, spirit, and resilience of my fellow members. I am an individual while at the same time a part of a larger whole, something greater than myself that promises to lead me to a life without my dependency on my drug of choice – sex. I find lessons to take home each meeting, words to reflect on and reasons to give thanks. I may be flawed but no longer am I alone as long as I choose recovery and my program.
Affirmation
There is strength and hope in all the parts of me, talents to be exploited to further my recovery and weaknesses to be acknowledged and overcome to make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment