Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 20 July 2012

July 20


”The world is full of suffering. It is also full of the overcoming of it.”
Helen Keller
It is a difficult thing for me to see someone I care about in pain or in a bad situation when I know I cannot rescue that person from their misery. It is a painful reminder of how those close to me may have felt for all the years I was in my own active addiction. There was nothing anyone could have said or done to have made me seek help; that moment had to wait until I was truly ready for change and a way out of my compulsive and destructive behaviour.
I feel blessed each time I partake in a meeting as I always hear a bit of both sides; something about the addict who is still suffering along with the experience, strength and hope from those who are overcoming it. Often members, including myself, share both parts. I am grateful for this constant reminder that there is hope, that my despair can be transformed into faith, my sadness to joy, my shame and guilt to integrity and a renewed sense of self-worth. My eyes have been opened to the power of the program even though I am aware that a long road of recovery that lies before me. I no longer suffer alone, and on the same hand, I have found a common group of men and women who promote faith and hope that will help to see me through the darker times.
Affirmation
Today I will recall my suffering and reflect on the hope I have discovered from within the fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment