Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 4 July 2012

July 4


”A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
Confucius

Stop. Breathe. Listen. Look. Feel. Some days I need to break down tasks into very simple, basic steps. I am not able to do more than that. This is part of my way to block and filter out all the distractions of the outside world, all the directions that I seem to be pulled in. It’s a protective wall to help keep me focused on the present so I can maintain a shred of sanity.
I am thankful there are not too many days where I feel this overwhelmed and need to micro-manage every tiny act. In the larger scheme of things, I am learning to live by taking small incremental steps. In reducing my focus into tasks that I can view easily, comprehend fully and know that I can accomplish I am better able to links several actions together to do something more complex. I know if I tried to tackle the entire problem all at once I would likely have gone nowhere at all. For me it’s another form of one of the well-known slogans, First Things First. Putting on my jacket before my shirt is not going to be overly productive.
The program reminds me often that the real goal is progress and not perfection. I need to keep breaking problems into manageable and achievable steps so that I continue moving in a positive direction. I am more interested in the journey than the destination.
  
Affirmation
I will practice breaking task down into steps that I can manage. I still walk forward a single step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment