Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 6 July 2012

July 6


”I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.”
Douglas Adams

Separating from my spouse, even the idea of separating, used to scare me. Just the prospect of having to move out, potentially only for a short time, having to tell our kids, change addresses, etc. seemed to be an admittance that I had failed. That I was a failure as a spouse, a parent, a child of God…and that I would have to publicly acknowledge this to at least some degree was terrifying.
I’ve been on my own now for a few months, but it took quite a number of months, talks with counsellors, fellow brothers and sisters in SAA, and even my Higher Power to come to the realization that I needed the separation just as much as my partner to gain some perspective as well as the opportunity to focus more on my own recovery. I know too well at this point that I am reliable to no one else if I am not taking care of me first – mind, body and spirit.
Life on my own has presented its own challenges. Having to be responsible primarily only for myself, trying to parent at a distance, having to deal with neighbours in adjacent apartments….all these and more add to the complexity of life. But at the same time I am learning how to apply the Steps and my tools of recovery in many other real world situations. And I am ok with where my path has led me.

Affirmation
Sometimes the difficult choice is the right choice. It may not lead me where I expected, but I will have faith in the guidance of my Higher Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment