Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 22 July 2012

July 22


”Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which, in prosperous circumstances which would have lain dormant.”
Horace
I think I am discovering that one of my beliefs about this life as I know it is that it is not supposed to be easy. That happy-go-lucky place of no worries is what heaven is supposed to be (as I understand it), and as far as my religious beliefs go, I still think I need to earn my way in. Therefore my time here on Earth is not only to probe myself worthy, but to learn what it is to be human along the way. So far as my own experience goes I seem to learn a whole lot more about being human from going through hard times than coasting along when everything is fine.
So my philosophy is that challenges, trials, disasters, tragedies – all these events that seem to bring out the worst in terms of what life has to offer – are also where mankind shows their greatest strengths. It is times like these where we  put aside our selfish interest to be compassionate and helpful for others, become more self-sacrificing for a greater good. In my own life I have chosen to rise to the occasion probably less often than I have been washed away, unable to find the strength to overcome the situation. Yet I have survived to be where I am today and I know I have a greater faith in my Higher Power to help me weather the storms that lay ahead.
Affirmation
I can accept that the difficult times are challenges for me to overcome and learn from so that I can grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment