Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 1 November 2012

November 1 (93)

”Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”
Sun Tzu
Regaining my self-confidence and trust in my ability to make healthier decisions is enabling me to take better advantage of life events. Certainly just the simple fact of being sober and not consumed by the thoughts of my addiction allows me to recognize more opportunities in the first place. The new awareness of my surroundings has penetrated all aspects of my life. It is a bit like realizing I have been living in a fog for years, only being able to see a short distance ahead as my addiction controlled what was acceptable to recognize. Now that the haze is lifting, I am aware that there is so much more to life.
Life is funny sometimes, and things happen that are more than coincidental. It has happened more than once when I have been at a low point in my recovery, where I should have been reaching out, that instead I have had others reach out to me. It is these blessings in disguise that remind me that my Higher Power is always watching and looking out for me. I am grateful that I recognize that in helping others I often get help that I may not even have been aware I needed. 
Affirmation
Opportunities come in many forms. May I recognize them today, accept them, and see where they will lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment