Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 3 November 2012

November 3 (91)

”My basic principle is that you don’t make decisions because they are cheap, you make them because they’re right”
Theodore Hesburgh
It’s still a struggle, even with a year of sobriety, to fully trust my ability to make decisions. Even though I am learning to trust others, to ask for advice and guidance, I still have moments where I act impulsively instead. I don’t always make the best decisions like this, but I am at least conscientious enough to live with the consequences. I am growing and gaining confidence to make choices on my own. Yet I still have a ways to go to gain back my faith in my own ability.
As I become healthier, I still need to remind myself how fragile I am. The new coat of armor I wear from my journey in recovery is often only paper-thin and can be torn away with a careless act or word spoken without caution. I need to continue to be vigilant and proactive to avoid the pitfalls that are all around me – temptation is often only a glance away.
In the end I need to continuously try to weigh my choices against the will of the God of my understanding. This is my new measuring stick to help me along the right path. I do better when I don’t try to make decisions for my own benefit but put my Higher Power and others first. 
Affirmation
I will strive to do the right thing, seek help and confirmation of my decisions and trust in God’s will.

No comments:

Post a Comment