Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 9 November 2012

November 9 (85)

”Gastronomy is the art of using food to create happiness.”
Theodore Zeldin
It’s interesting that there are certain subjects that are considered specialities, such as gastronomy or “haute-cuisine”, being a wine connoisseur or a collector of fine art where there is an associated perception of a privileged or higher class. Yet these are also things that can be abused and are addictions. I wondered when reflecting on this quote what a sex connoisseur would look like, if such a thing did or could exist...maybe this ties into a master of the Kama Sutra or tantric sex realms?
Really my question comes back to perceptions, how certain things or behaviours are socially acceptable, or at least tolerable, and how some are given an elevated status and yet others are completely abhorred. Sex addiction I think is still far from being an acceptable subject, and likely to remain given the broad spectrum of acts and behaviours that fall into this category. Alcoholism and even to some extent drug addiction are topics that can enter into normal conversation, yet one only needs check the daily news to see how we still treat sexual deviancy. Perhaps someday the stigma will lessen and it will be more acceptable to group sex addiction with the others. Until then, I am at least happy that there is still help and fellowship within all the S-groups.
Affirmation
Sex can be something to create happiness, but I think I prefer when it reflects happiness that already exists within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment