Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

November 7 (87)

”We are all travellers in the wilderness of the world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.”
Robert Louis Stevenson
It feels odd to have struggled for so long to find true friendship in the past, to have only felt like people were acquaintances with mostly superficial attachment. Yet I now have rooms full of friends who listen to whatever I need to say, who do not judge, who care and support me, who don’t try to rescue me, who tell me to it straight when I need and who, for lack of a better term, love me unconditionally. Who would have thought that my problems could have brought me so close to so many people in a positive way?
My addiction has allowed me to connect with others in a way I never imagined was possible. The most curious thing is the open and honest sharing that takes place in my meetings is so contagious. The good will that is shown spreads innocuously through us all and I have seen it work miracles in transforming the attitudes and lives of others.
There are so many ways that finding SAA has changed my life that it is hard to know where to begin. I truly do feel most days that I have been given a second chance and this time some rules and guidelines to live by that will help keep me on track. Coupled with a support group to guide me as well, how can I go wrong?
Affirmation
Finding friends in recovery, brought close through the pain of my past, is one of the many wonders I can gain through the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment