Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 26 November 2012

November 26 (68)

”Faith that the thing can be done is essential to any great achievement.”
Thomas N. Carruther
I am grateful that I have found a healthy, if somewhat contradictory, way to cross boundaries in my recovery. Whereas my addiction led me to break moral, ethical and other boundaries through my behaviours, my recovery is balancing that equation. I have come across several events where I have found myself thinking, “This is too much, I cannot possibly get through this” only to find sometime later that I have made it to the other side.  And not only have I survived the ordeal, but grown stronger and strengthened my faith and recovery in the process.
How does this happen? Well, by putting my trust in my Higher Power and by surrendering my will to His own. This has been no easy task. Going from living from fix to fix in pleasing my addiction to throwing my problems to the universe and saying “Help, please deal with this, as I cannot, it is too much” takes a huge leap of faith. It is the support of others in the program; hearing and seeing fellow members overcome equally challenging situations that has given me the willingness to try putting my hopes in the God of my understanding. Trust in a power greater than myself is leading me to a saner life.

Affirmation
I will trust in my Higher Power today and believe that His plan is good and is leading me in a better direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment