Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 28 November 2012

November 28 (66)

”They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world. Someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”
Tom Bodett
If life truly is that simple, then my addiction certainly fell short of meeting those basics for happiness. I was far from having anyone to love, many that I lusted after, but only my addict wanted love. Yet that was not pure love, but a selfish, greedy, self-centered and egotistical love. My addiction certainly provided something to do, but nothing that was beneficial, nothing that created or promoted life or that was constructive or productive in any way.
And last something to hope for; well I would say that was part of the main driving force behind my compulsive behaviour. But it was a desperate hope to find something, that perfect release, the perfect moment of bliss, the perfect acting out fantasy become reality which was nothing but a pipe dream. Far from attainable or achievable, it remained always out of reach but kept me hooked and seeking to find that sexual nirvana which always managed to elude my grasp.
In recovery I am discovering that I can be happy if I love myself, that my recovery is something to do to make a difference, and that my hope to remain connected to my Higher Power is enough for true contentment.
Affirmation
I will move aware from the empty promises and fruitless adventures of my compulsive behaviours. True happiness comes from simple, basic things.

No comments:

Post a Comment