Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 4 November 2012

November 4 (90)

”It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.”
Eleanor Roosevelt
During a sharing session I had a spark of insight that linked a few behavioural patterns together that I had not realized previously. When I get into a period of stinkin’ thinkin’, part of my middle circle behaviours, I tend to isolate, usually from those closest to me – friends, family and members of the program alike. I used to think that it was primarily to give myself the extra space to keep feeding my addiction. I also discovered that in a twisted way, as my addictive thinking can be, it is also a way to try and protect those I care about.
Pushing away or retreating into my shell keeps people away from me when I am in a bad place and when I am more likely to do something to harm others. Guess I should include harming myself in there too, I know better now. The opposite is the truth though, that by isolating I am removing myself from the people who are most likely my best advocates for my recovery and who support me in continuing to do the right things.
This is still a challenge, to realize that I need not face everything on my own. That I can ask for help and it’s alright. That I deserve to live better. That I will face difficulties that make me want to run away. God give me the courage to accept those people in my life who support me.
Affirmation
If I am willing to go out on a limb for another member in need, I need to remember that it is okay for someone to reach out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment