Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 14 November 2012

November 14 (80)

”It is the false shame of fools to try to conceal wounds that have not healed.”
Horace
Although at this point I may not have discovered all the reason why I chose to let my addiction be my primary coping addiction for all those years, I do have a much better understanding of the role it played. It was my main "band-aid" in my emotional first aid kit, where I turned when I was hurt, lonely, sad, experiencing loss, or in any other emotional state where I wanted to bury or repress how I was feeling.
Now in my recovery I am gradually coming to terms with the wounds of my past. Learning to forgive others, to make amends and to simply let go are all ways that finally let those scars heal and remove their influence from how I live today.
So while I can see that it was foolish to live as I did, putting all my faith in something that sought to destroy my life, in all honesty I didn't know a better way. The consequences of all my actions aside, my addiction did carry me to where I am today. Thankfully, I know now there are many better ways to handle my feelings and my first aid kit has multiple remedies for handling emotional situations. As I continue to Live and Let Live, I am less the fool and less driven by shame.
Affirmation
Reconciling my wounds from the past will free me from the shame and guilt I have been carrying and allow me to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment