Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 20 November 2012

November 20 (74)

”It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.”
Chuck Palahniuk
Undertaking the process of recovery has meant starting over in many aspects of my life. I did not lose quite everything, but more than enough to have regrets of what could have been different, what I might have saved if I had found the program sooner. I struggle with letting go of things that are too damaged and beyond my ability to repair. There are many places where I have had to resign myself that, at least for now, there is little more that I can do. It takes two willing parties to make a relationship work and grow and I cannot hold a string in the air all by myself.
The other loss I am experiencing is the loss of my addict. I have to grieve the departure of that part of myself. Yet in order to move in a different direction I needed to put that aspect of me to rest. It’s a sign of maturity and of accepting a different way of living. This has happened in writing a good-bye letter. It also has come through exercises of reconciliation with my inner child who was forced to deal with adult issues for too many years. My child-like personality is now freer to simply be and play as I have committed to accept responsibility for all the adult situations I encounter.
Affirmation
I am recognizing that in many ways I have to lose things from the past in order to be free to gain new things in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment