Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 12 November 2012

November 12 (82)

Find a place or an activity that gives your senses a chance to unwind and lets you catch a fresh vision of peacetime possibilities. Furnish it comfortably. Make it beautiful. Use it often.”
Thomas Kinkade
I am thankful that restoring my connection to natures has been one of the benefits of recovery. In my isolation I not only lost touch with the people in my life, but also the simple joys and wonders of nature. Being able to once again bask in the warm glow of the sun, to rejoice in the delights of the song birds and bathe in the light of the moon on a starry night – all these and more are pleasures that once again enhance and enrich my daily life.
It is important for me to find those places and activities that refuel my soul. A special corner of the park where I ground myself, a specific passage from a book or piece of music that sets my heart at ease – these are tools to help renew my serenity and sanity. Sometimes I need to force myself to go there and unwind to get away from it all for a while.
Being able to find ways to recharge my batteries on my own is important. It is equally important for me to continue to reach out and connect with other members at meetings, over coffee or even over the phone. The greater my peace within, the closer my connection to my Higher Power.
Affirmation
Finding my ways to relax, reset, and refresh my energy are important in maintaining my sanity and serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment