Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 27 November 2012

November 27 (67)

”The self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates.”
Thomas Szasz
I have had a similar realization in my own recovery. I feel that I am blessed in having lived through my addiction and having faced the worst and darkest parts of myself. Today in recovery I have the opportunity, offered by the grace of God, to choose how I want to live, the kind of person I want to be. It is less about becoming someone new or finding my true self as it is simply in choosing the parts of my life that lift me up, that lead me in following the path that my Higher Power has lain before me, that support my values, beliefs and ethics.
My journey of recovery is about recreating the person I want to be, discarding my defects of character with the help of the God of my understanding, seeking forgiveness and making amends – changing the ways I used to live for better ones. I am growing spiritually and emotionally and finding serenity in my recovery.
Each day I have the choice to decide who I want to be, the old me that lived under the influence of my sex addiction, or the new me who lives in recovery under the influence of my Higher Power. One is a life of stagnation and repetition, the other of hope and creation. Which will I choose?
Affirmation
Each day holds a new choice, a new chance to be the individual I was meant to be, filled with goodness and infinite potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment